Running a business: Nobody is perfect! Know your strengths, limitations and blind spots. Leadership is more important than wanting to be the smartest in all questions. Use our business coaching for leaders!
Management – Leadership: Well positioned and organized for the what and how – besides having a broader horizon, a more comprehensive understanding, a deeper motivation: to know the why and what for.
Leading teams: Understanding the dynamics in groups and learning to steer them for performance: standing with your people, behind them, in front of them, going ahead – whatever it takes despite standing ´ín the way´. Training, coaching – what serves you best?
Minimize misunderstandings fundamentally: understanding requires being in the same direction: common goals, shared values, common understanding of leadership. Is everyone completely on board?
Enabling agility: situational, direct, flexible, … acting and interacting. Agile action also needs meaning and reflection – what provides stability?
Values provide stability in motion, axes in the rotation of our fast world: value consensus in the company as a common platform, value diversity qua individuality quite naturally. Shared values form the heart of the corporate community – quite more than just an ethical or legal code. Read more
Make work more effective.
- Leading – What does it mean? Stand in front of, behind, beside or with his people? Rather: Always take the right position.
- Goals, trust, control – how can you be the first among equals?
- Integrating differences into more than the sum over singles.
- Clarify who, what and how-to, but also be clear about why, where to, what for? Give meaning to purpose!
- Let your people do what they can do alone and want it – get out of the way.
- Understand what happens in a team: Dynamics you should know to steer commitment constructively.
- Inspire and bring together – and the extraordinary becomes possible.
In this training, you will also learn what makes it easier for you to start with your team. One element in this training is your personal TMS-Profile. Read more here
Re-Forming your team – external support
Whether a continuous work team or a project team – after some time the initial fire has burned down. Time for renewal. This is not about qualification. There’s nothing artificially to be trained that not artificially should happen: Inspire newly commitment, support and trust in vivo! This offer is directed to teams “with own history”.
Performance is the result of lively, guided cooperation, supported by commitment, support and determination. Together Everyone Achieves More
Leadership is a part of the “working system” – thus it is part of the necessary change. This is why external, impartial support for change works. To this end, professional instruments are used to make system features visible to all.
Consulting, moderation, facilitation, coaching are possible forms of work. The team leader remains in his leadership role. The team remains in control of its own change. Element in this training is your personal TMS-Profile. Read more here
Three situations can be the reason for an externally supervised team development:
- Your team starts from scratch or only you are new as a team leader
- Troubleshooting on the way
- Reboot” (Re-Teaming)
Read more here:
Impulse lectures, short workshops
What are your topics?
- The top-level in research: team, system, tools and leadership – how to do better – results of a model project
- Values – useless PR propaganda or the heart of your corporate community? – Get your people moving! What is really most important to you?
- Mistakes and failure: Do you still have a culture of failure or are you already a living learning community?
- Understanding leadership correctly: Management and Leadership: Commitment beyond what and how. Understanding transformation.
- Coaching as a manager = Best Practice! – Practice, meaning and limits; updates on “situational leadership”
- Self-management – who wants to lead others, … must live leadership for himself firstly: they look at you.
- Time management – not banal at all! Getting your results efficiently and fluently and at the same time finally sleep calmer again.
Talk to us about your project and what you need. Arrange an appointment by
Team Forming: Bringing the right people together: A development team needs different skills than a consulting team. Profile your team members with TMS and match the result with the main demands. Real example: A consulting team that likes to leave internet-search to the trainees(!). Capabilities include skills AND preferences: What one does not like, he does uninspiredly, badly or not at all – do you like declaration of e.g. taxes! TMS shows precisely what you can expect from whom in the team and who is optimally positioned for which function.
Fast-Teaming: A project team should get started quickly – well, but how does that work? Get started quickly, do it and then see? The storming phase is waiting at the next corner. Effective team start takes up the personal side of teamwork, gives it space. TMS helps your team to start fast solidly.
More than a tool: an instrument alone does not play music. Only with qualified consulting and experienced process support, coaching and training can you optimally use the potential of the TMS instrument: a worthwhile investment. Let us advise you! Eckhard Schölzel is at your disposal as a TMS master.
You can try it out with your own TMS-profile on role-preferences. Information and access: Read more here:
Your team members, your boss, colleagues and possibly external customers know this best. Get a 270 + 90 degree feedback. We offer
- the tool for qualitative feedback: 13 team leadership skills based on TMSDI’s linking skills model. They use the most widely used team development tools in the world.
- The organizational framework that encourages your feedback providers (270 degrees) and gives you a clear evaluation. Separate feedback from your supervisor (90 degrees). We support you in the implementation of your feedback.
Develop yourself, develop your team! We will be happy to send you further information. In a first telephone call we clarify whether this process can be useful for you. Please suggest two dates for a phone call.
This is a clear quality difference to most management consultancies.
Dr.-Ing. Stefan Wagner
Former Head of BÜ-Center Mainline,
Siemens AG Transportation Systems
Corporate culture has to include everything you said in your study, “Making the connections.” Values are always carried out by people. …
I wish you much success with your work and am with best regards
Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Dürr AG
Former Head of Sales Q4 IBS GmbH, Hanover
I also learned a lot about myself and the effect of my behavior through coaching.
Former Project Manager SIMIS W
Siemens AG, Transportation Systems
Vice President Mobility Siemens Ltd. Hong Kong
Staff Representation of the European Patent Office (EPO/EPO), Munich
Dr. Heinrich Stuckenschneider
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology,
Former Head of Strategic Marketing
Ingrid Weiler, PMP Management & Consulting Services,
German Stock Exchange
CEO actmedic GmbH
Consistent understanding of leadership
Whether in post-merger integration or just like that: your company has grown – quickly, there was not always enough space for systematic integration of acquired companies. Synergy effects may need long time. Misunderstandings, departmental politics or fractioning make corporate management more difficult and sabotage the commitment of the most valuable employees. Performance?
- Management/ Leadership – the horizon of leadership work: mere management at higher levels is not enough. Leadership is needed at all levels. But corporate leadership must go ahead.
Ask us about our leadership coaching!
- Dictatorial/patriarchal/managerial/collaborative or even servant leadership – many misunderstandings result the more leadership styles are practiced according to personal inclination instead of systematic understanding.
Ask us about values-based understading via coaching with VMI!
- Ambitious goals? Business transformation? Without an adequate, consistent understanding of leadership and leadership style, it becomes strenuous and goal-critical. Why do most mergers fail despite the most thorough due diligence and the best organizational planning? Those affected get involved merely at the end when everything important has been decided. “But it’s ultimately the people who matter.” (Charles Handy)
Ask us about our business transformation model and how we can help you realize the central position of values. We also can bring our expertise to your transformation team.
Instead of product information, read our testimonials on this field of work (directly above). A pilot project gives you an authentic impression – here is a basis for discussion, our offer:
Industry 4.0, Digitalization – Magic sound and basic work
Rarely is such a term used so promisingly and discussed in so many different ways as “Industry 4.0”. Everyone understands something different about it. The spectrum ranges from increased use of robots in production to fully autonomous systems in the service sector and probably does not cover everything. The actual term for the mega-transformation: Digitalization.
From our point of view, what is more important than technica options is what it means for you: the application of automated data and information processes in your company.
However, all organizations that deal with this topic have one thing in common: It is ultimately about the basic attitude of employees and managers! The technology can only be successfully introduced and developed if people want to use it and know how to use it.
Here is our area of expertise: to involve the people involved in this change process even before the introduction of technical and procedural changes. Finding solutions, resolving resistances and implementing changes towards modern ways of working that can benefit both the organization, the customers and the employees.
Talk to us about your project and what you need. Make an appointment byemail
On average 12–14% of employees are highly committed – tendency? Why is this figure much higher for certain companies? Google, Apple, … or modern craft business, a values-based lead SME – this number is only the average! What is your vision of how your company can be more attractive for commitment than others? With common values, you realize the path from juxtaposition to clashing and togetherness – a competitive advantage that cannot be copied!
Whatever you’re up to: Installing CIP, inspiring a culture of error/learning and innovation, increasing agility, industry 4.0 or… You will succeed better if you strengthen the commitment of the individual and the community – a world of work into which one likes to go as a co-creator – every day!
Organizational values: the values system of the organization indicates what customers, employees and the social environment can rely on. How should these “stakeholders” perceive the company? If merely propaganda, values that are just wording will lead internally to cynicism and can become a dangerous boomerang externally – the exhaust scandal at VOLKSWAGEN and other particularly German car manufacturers still teaches us that.
Authentic values for intentional development
Talking about values – that sounds noble, ethical, moral, virtuous. A lot of people do that. Some of them later dismantled themselves into scandals. The value to practice what we do value in fact was thus completely obscured – values themselves were discredited by the steam chatterers to mere propaganda. What are values? Why do the most successful companies have a decided interest in values? Values characterize what is important to us, e.g. co-creativity with others. Values priorities determine what we prioritize: Stay at the meeting or have a coffee. Many personality tests can be used to explain behavior and personal impact. But what’s underneath? “Per-sona” is what “sounds through.” Values tell us something about the “sound source” – the basic configuration of the individual, quasi the mental operating system. Only some of the values have an ethical “charge” from a scientific point of view. Morality is expressed in norms, i.e. social agreements about good/bad. Values are the basis, but they are much more than that. Collaborative work systems (from leadership style moderator/facilitator) need a basis like a raft on the water. Value consensus then forms the connection of the tree trunks to the platform.The interaction of the many values/ priorities makes the picture very complex: Each team shows how differently people set their life priorities and decide differently depending on the situation. Also, everyone changes priorities over the years. Whoa, who cares? Values cannot be implemented by order and threat of punishment. Do you follow traffic regulation only to avoid punishment? Dictatorial, patriarchal and the leadership style “managing” do it with given rules. Personal responsibility, creativity, knowledge sharing do not work there at all. “Alignment” happens accordingly with different results: produce blind followers or cocreative individuals and teams. How can the personal operating system and the organizational values system be practically understood, measured and coordinated?You need two things:
- a values development model that considers all important properties but reduces complexity.
- An instrument that can measure values/priorities and reflect the complexity of individual/collective values priorities in a profile: Priorities, stages of development, interactions and implications … This allows conclusions to be drawn.
- The Hall/Tonna value model offers a scientifically proven basis for this understanding of values.
- From this, the VMI – Values Management Inventory® was developed, which leads to individual and group-profiles.
- We have described the benefits of the individual values profile here. The collective process that leads to lived corporate values: Recognizing your personal values system – …
- then come with others to more deeply founded values-priority decisions (group profile) – a values-conscious community has more stability/ resilience to the surging waves of our global economic life.
Interested in more? Please understand that instead of many downloads we value direct conversation with you. This is how we clarify which information is really interesting for you. Talk to us about promising paths to success. We have the knowledge of a worldwide network and the experience of local projects onboard.
This is how a pilot project could start: personal values, document-analysis, …:
In the “Missing Link” study in 2011, we examined this question. Many companies have an explicit values statement. The intention: To show all stakeholders what they can rely on – what the company stands for. This makes companies attractive and, as has long been proven, also increases their enterprise values. This is ultimately measured in practice, as the major scandals, surrounding companies and entrepreneurs have shown us: Walk the talk! Internal disintegration also threatens otherwise. This practice is designed and managed by managers.
Besides, values are virtually “within the walls” – more precisely: in processes, organizational structures and standards, in documents, etc. As specialists for values analysis, we can identify these values in the company documents, among other things. Quote from the head of the staff units of a renowned bank: “How did you find out that we had a problem with communication and information? It’s all about the glasses you wear! If we values-experts can recognize this, an M&A analyst can also use it. With us, you can work on the values update of your organization and defuse such mines.
In “Connecting the Links” (2012) we have summarized the most important results of this study – a starter kit for our conversation about your accelerated business success. You can view the studies here in the abstract and order them here:
- Study “Missing Link”
- The main findings and conclusions in “Connecting the Links” are as follows
- The 4 fields of action for an authentic values system
Excerpt from “Connecting the Links”:
Two tasks await you:
- Finding the right and coherent values: with objective analysis, in a workshop with your most important people
- To bring practice throughout the company in line with these values. This already creates added value for your company.
If the personal values priorities of the managers are well connected with the communicated values, goals, vision, the values come together consistently in day-to-day behavior and work processes.
- Where explicit and implicit values become conscious guiding stars, and
- where the right values are also operationalized (what to value) and
- where managers and employees value what should be valued,
… dynamic processes are created to create value for the company. Companies that follow the values that are right for them in processes and standards as maxims for action “in deed”, sometimes show themselves to be extraordinarily successful externally and internally as stable, integer and connected. …
- What if you turn your business into a productive community where things run smoothly together? Wanting out of a broad consensus of values instead of just wanting to.
- That above all else can make the difference where the best people go or stay.
Get in touch with us!
Would you like more clarity as to where the “journey” should go for you?
Use our coaching for more clarity!
Ralf Wichtlhuber, Siemens Enterprise Communications
Heinz Dürr, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Dürr AG
Jens-Peter Brauner, Project Manager SIMIS W
Siemens AG, Transportation Systems
Frank Lindenlaub, actmedic GmbH Management Consultancy